I've just been noticing a lot of topics where girl's are wanting to leave the biological father off the certificate and putting their new boyfriends/fiances on it.
Is this really in the best interest of the child?
Should it be allowed?

I'd like to hear everyone's comments about this,I started this thread here because I don't want anybody thinking that I am talking about them personally,so please,nobody take this personal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2008
Experienced User
I will start this out down here because the first thread was the question and this will be my opinion.

I think that the birth certificate should contain only the names of the biological child.
I believe it would be heartbreaking for the child to learn later in life that the name on the certificate is the wrong one.I would have so many questions, for example,I would constantly be questioning who my real parent was,why they didn't object to not being on the certificate(maybe they didn't love me or want me).And the big doubt or question in my mind would be did the biological parent have any other kids and who are they and what makes them better than me that the parent would want to be there for them.I would hate not knowing who they were,it would be a constant search for me.

I,personally,know who my biological parents are.I can compare myself to them and figure out why I do certain things the way I do.I can look at myself in the mirror and point out features that I got from my Mom and some that I got from my Dad.Strange as it may seem that is a big comfort for me,knowing where I came from and also knowing all the medical history in my family(makes me feel better,not just for me,but for my son as well).

I would love to hear some more opinions on this matter.
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2008
I think that idea is rediculous!!! Having a child is not a game. If you do not want to put the biological father's name on it then don't put any name at all. It's very deceiving to say the least.
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2008
Supporter
personally i would only ever have the biological father's name on there andif for some reason i didnt know who he was i'd leave it blank until i did know. IMO children should have the chance to knowboth oftheir parents
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....