Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

Bipolar with sysmpoms of self absorbtion, self pity and narcissi

Hello,

I have a girlfriend whom I love very much and would like to get married to her.
She told me when she met she was bi-polar. She seemed like an Alpha female, intelligent, attractive and I was interested in her.
She did seem coarse and brassy in speech at times.
We then started to drink, and we did this for about a year, during this time she would do things like when the trash needed taking out say " Can someone with a dic# please take out the trash. She would just turn the TV and take it over, tell me what I was watching was stupid.
She like to be always talking,, run over conversations. She is actually a terrible listener and communicator. She does not admit to this.
After months of of getting plastered, getting into physical fights, cops called, both of us arrested, DUI's, we were hitting an all time low.
We agreed I would manage her apartment, pay with her money her bills, feed fish, check on house, I sent 3 times as many letters to her. In the letters she would just pick apart anything negative.
I was going to church, AA, Bipolar support group meeting, paying my bills, helping her manage her household and dealing with my own withdrawals, sicknesses, emotional issues and yet still she has not been filled with thanks, is self absorbed, narcissisic and filled with constant "I have it tough, roughr than the rest of the world and she never if filled with remorse or sorrow for nearly anything.

I write with a sorrowful hert becuase I cannot even talk to her as she will just shut me down,and be filled with little or no compassion.

I write with a sorrowful heart feeling like the woman I want to love cannot see anything but herself and as a man who wants to marry her, and be emotionally close, I am thinking I may for a lifetime have to get my source of love and strenght through God, firend but not get it through my intimate mate because there is only her needs and not it being reciprical.

Please, your thoughts and experience are greatly appreciated.

Butterflycries
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ButterFlyCries
|

replied June 27th, 2014
Great responses. Is there another forum to get answers around the net?
|

replied March 1st, 2016
No response darn
|

replied March 1st, 2016
Hi, My brother has bipolar he is incarserrated, he wrote his last letters to all family members saying he was going to kill himself.I went to see him it was like his mind was racing I had to ask the same question twice or three he was shaking uncontrollable. He informed me he was taking haldol. He will be released in a year. I'm the only one taking this illness seriously. Because I didn't understand this illness I just ignored like the rest of the family. He's been in prison for 7 years we wrote and send money but never visited. I feel so bad worried about me and my kids I owe him I didn't support him because of his crim. I've learned that he is really Ill, and want to help him when he released. For now I promise him to come once a month or every to months until he released. I want power of attorney. While he's in there or do you think he's getting the best treatment? Thanks
|

replied March 15th, 2016
This describes my husband to a T.
|