I am 67 and hid my bipolar from everyone, esp. the 2 children I raised as a single mother. I just told my 39 yr. old daughter 2 yrs. ago and now my entire family wants no contact with me because I am crazy and violent. they also want no contact with my granddaughter, which my husband and I got custody of at 15 mos. old . her mother was on drugs and her mother, my daughter didn't want her. I can't figure out why my family has done this. I am not crazy and have never been violent. someone please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe your family is at wrong here. Bipolar disorder if properly managed with medications means no harm to anyone in the family and their attitude towards you like this is not acceptable. You can ask for legal help to have the custody of your children and you don't deserve this treatment from your family. You have the right to be respected. It is not your fault to be bipolar.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.