Today I was just diagnosed with Bipolar 2 what do I have to look forward to in the coming months?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I also am BP2. You just have to chill as much as you can. At least untill they find the right Bipolar med for you (if that is what you prefer) and just try and understan you are going to have some bad days. We call them "cycles". You can go from happy to depressed in a matter of a day. You can pick up and leave in a heart beat. But, the best part is, there is help out there and we also are here to help you get through it. If your having a bad cycle, pleas log in and let us help.

*Carrie*
|

replied November 12th, 2008
I know just how you feel. I was diagnosed two days ago. I am reading everything I can get my hands on. Keep us posted. I just joined this site/forum after reading your post.
|

replied November 13th, 2008
Looking forwards...
paulca....nothing changes overnight, which means that you're the same person now you were before getting your diagnosis.

The only thing now is that you have a "label" for some of your issues. Look forward to getting better...it's a struggle, but now you can learn to deal with your issues. Find a doctor you're comfortable with, take your meds (and let the doctor know if they're not working properly!), get someone you can trust as a lifeline, and get informed! Read up everything you can to give you the tools to deal with this.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...