Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Bipolar or just mood swings? new contraceptive?

I'm 18 (female) have been with my partner for almost a year now. We get along very well and have been living together for a while. I have had one other long relationship before him which didn't end up well. I have had a very hard childhood with abusive step fathers and mums many boyfriends.

Recently I have notice enormous changes in my attitude, that swings from bright and bubbly one moment to absolutely furious or sad the next. I am on a new contraceptive which affects my hormones, but I can't help thinking it might be something else.

My poor boyfriend gets very confused, because half the time I have no reason to be mad. I also have some pretty serious trust issues which stem from my last relationship, in which I was cheated on.

I don't know if I'm just having mood swings or being irrational or if it's something else. It doesn't take much to set me off, but when I start it takes me a while to calm back down again.

Help!?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2012
There is also no history of depression in my family other than my grandmother who suffered post natal depression.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...