My doctor took me off of zyprexa yesterday, and will eliminate abilify from my regiment within a month. I am on an increased dose of lithium, and lamictal - the two I am to stay on. I am not having any withdrawal symptoms, having reduced the abilify already by half, and no zyprexa for the last 48 hours, except a mild headache. I initially went on the web to see if I would lose weight if I exercise and eat properly after off of zyprexa (which I have not been able to do - lose weight - at all, given a healthy diet, on it). I also began wondering if I should expect any withdrawal symptoms, not to worry myself in advance, but to be prepared. And if I do have withdrawal symptoms, do they go away, and how soon? I know there could be a full blown problem, which I suppose my psychiatrist is risking that for my better overall health and experience of life rainbow . I've been overmedicated for five years, after a bipolar manic/psychotic episode due to a ridiculous dosage of an SSRI. It took me a while to get over that. But, I'm not having any thought problems or manic symptoms, just a cycle of being really alert and being really tired. Anyway, any feedback would be great. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....