Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar has given me special powers....

Hi I've noticed that I can make things happen with my thoughts, is there anyone else out there with BPD that can help me understand how I can use these powers properly? I've been able to make people ring me, make things happen to people I've also been able to make certain situations happen which I can then use in my favour to get what I want. I pretty much always get what I want, I can even read people and get told when they are upto something .... Problem is some times I make bad things happen, without meaning to... Is there any1 else out there with BP that kowns how to work these powers more effectively? And is there any other things people can do? Or am I the only one?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2012
Experienced User
BP is a delusional illness. That's what you are experiencing now. See a shrink and get help.
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
Bipolar/ADHD + some heavy therapy and psychiatric medications have really increased many things in my life. I have a new sense of life so to speak. I'm getting many things done much more efficiently. It seems as though all these have improved with 100% accuracy. 1st and most important I've noticed so far is my. Comprehension for things ie' new interest in physics. 2nd inline is my self esteem increase( feel like I can do whatever I need to do to get to the top)
3rd and a few more enhances to my mind are: reflexes, alertness, social skills and for the most part primarily number 1. My comprehension for my new found hobby. Physics.
Theories of nature such as the once know string theory now days referred to as m-theory.
Granted I'm a newbie still on physics and quantum mechanics. To answer bambams question.
I can see how you feel as though you have super powers. I feel the same. I like to call it my rainman era in life. I just hope it's here to stay.
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
And I'll also add "bambam" I've done my research on several things. To do with our bipolar disorder. I'm a fairly successfull salesperson and as long as I can remember had a second grade reading level. Haha, but now I'm reading anything and everything with accuracy and much faster than most other people I interact with. So for you "bambam"
I don't think your crazy for thinking that you can read and see what's going to happen before it happens. Google search the Akashic records. Now I'm not saying that that is what's happening in your head, but maybe just maybe it is the explaniation for life as we know it. If for some reason bambam your asccessing this without knoweledge that would be the answer to you original post. Thanks for reading all
Dcamp
|

replied July 27th, 2012
Bi polar and schizo-affective are 2 different diagnoses. When being manic here, I can get schizophrenic too, believing that I know everything.....

- when people come to visit me
- who is on the telephone when it rings
- when my brother is coming

all fear falls away and the thread is loosened which makes me feel not knowing what is happening, loosing all at the end, becoming almost psychotic.

Then it your time to do something about it. Stop believing or continue. If you continue, it might get worse. If you control somehow and you go to bed at normal times and you stop flickering on and off online. Sometimes here, it is good staying at home, not turning on the tv or internet or radio, which only enhances you thinking to know all.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...