Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Bipolar friend breaking my heart

User Profile
I am feeling extra down today. My BP friend is breaking my heart. First he wants to be around me every waking moment and then he pulls away and puts distance between us. I found out he was gambling the other day. That is something that when he is in an ok state he is against but he did it. Its like he is fine for a few weeks and then not fine for the next few weeks. Back and forth, everytime something stressful comes up he loses it. Do they mean the callous things they say when they are in their not so ok state, do i take it seriously, do I let it destroy my self esteem, do I go crazy trying to fix things? I dont know how this happened. He is like a different person. Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 30th, 2010
I have a similar situation with my ex boyfriend of six years. I can tell you, you can not fix him. Just love him, but you can not let it eat you up. My ex has been in and out of my life 4 times in the last 3 months. Sometimes its tough love. You can no longer do this to me, you have to step back and let them walk away. It comes down to weather or not you want that pain in your life. I'm very sorry you or going threw this. I understand better then most the pain this causes Sad
|

replied September 7th, 2010
Experienced User
I was in a relationship with someone who has borderline personality disorder.....similar to bi-polar. All I can say is that I ended the relationship.....because there was no future. I went through the same mess you are going through....hot...cold.....personality swings....etc. It wasn't worth the mental anguish I found myself going through......eventhough I loved this person more than life itself. One characteristic of this type of personality is promiscuity as I found out the hard way.
|

replied December 15th, 2010
Im so broken heart.I feel at lost sad and crying for weeks now. he just took off again after a bad fight and having people in my community calling the cops. He blames all on me. I love this man more than anything. he wont answer my calls and if he does is been 4 weeks now and still in the same bad state of mind at least with me he calls me names and he said he will never come back.Im going crazy not sleepinf not eating and just so down. he txt me last night saying he cant sleep and he was thinking of me but not to response cause the phone noise annoyes him. waht should I do I cant get him off my mind. will he come back home? in 6 yrs we were togheter this is the 4th time he leaves. I need advice.
|

replied December 15th, 2010
Experienced User
The only advise I can offer is to try to pick up the pieces of your heart and move forward without him in your life. These actions will not repair themselves....he apparently has/will not change. If you continue to stay in this situation/relationship you will continue to be broken heart-ed and depressed. I know....I have been there hon. The only resolve for me was to push her out of my life for good and move on.....it's been the most difficult thing I have ever had to do due to the love I have for her however to maintain some-sort of normalcy I had no choice. Which ever choice you make.....I pray it works out for you....

Chris
|

replied December 16th, 2010
I try calling hom he wont pick up the phone i txt and nothing. 2 nights he send me a txt saying i cant sleep im thinking of you but do not response the phone noise anoyes him. i did anyways saying good nite sleep good. i was asleep when he send it to me i responded after 3 hours im sure he thinks i went out or something cause he has no trust in me. anyways im so fragil and broken i love him so much and im guessing he found someone else but why cant he be my friend i did so much for this person. i cant move on what should i do how do i get him back in 6 yrs this has been the 4th time he does this. and i always took him back nowing when he was alone he always found other women. im so hurt and i cant sleep or eat cant function at work. should i let him now this or not? i dont want to push him what should i do????
|
Tags: Bipolar, heart
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....