Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

Bipolar Boyfriend got me thinking

I have been in a relationship with my bipolar hunni for about 2 months now. He is the best man in the world when he is in a good mood, but when he's bad he is very bad. I feel like i want to leave him one day, and the next day i swear i will never leave him. is it possible that i have bipolar disease as well? My moods swing just as much. the problem is i don't have insurance and can't afford to see a doctor.

My boyfriend is always questioning my fidelity. all i do is work, and i have several clients pretty far apart. that means a lot of driving on my part. any little thing i say can be turned around into something negative with him.

He has also threatend the lives of myself and my family if i ever were to report his shady activities or leave him. his grandfather is one of my clients. i am afraid that the working situation would be unbearable if i ever left him.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Cogito
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
Experienced User
It is possible, but it is much more likely that your mood swings are just a reflection of his. When you are in a close relationship with a person with the disorder, this happens. It is like a sympathetic vibration.
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2013
i feel for you
i think you are not bipolar,cause what you feel is what i feel too when my bipolar bf acting the way your bf does..good thing that even my relationship with my bf is long distance he never question my fidelity..the only problem is he ignored me whenever he wants,he stop talkin to me for a few days,never keep in touch..as in no communication,that's made me worried a lot..confuse me..then when he comes back,he's like sorry and seems like nothings happen..and there is a time like i want to give up and give a try living without him..but that thought killing me,i love my bf and my one and only choice is to stay with him no matter what and love him til the end..we need to stay strong,to fight for our love.and make him feel that we are always here next to him when everything for him went down..(right now he's not keeping intouch with me again for like 4days now)and im still waiting..
|

replied August 21st, 2013
i know how you feel me and my ex gf were still trying this "friends" thing out after the fact i've been threw her breaking up with at least 5 time's threw last year and this count the last two time's as explain in someguy11 post >http://ehealthforum.com/health/bipolar-gi rlfriend-left-me-again-t410013.html
,believe i know how hard it is cuz has crossed were i wanna leave her but can't and i feel you cuz my ex hasn't even tired to talk to me since we last talked since sunday after i hung out with her for three days not mention she post a depressing post about herself and everything it hurts me seeing her like this and yea i'm still confused at time's you know? its crazy cuz i've always been their for her no matter how messed up things been or way she's treated me,call me insane well maybe i'm i don't what to do anymore.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....