Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar and Hypersexuality

User Profile
I am Bipolar, male, and 44 years old. I am in the midst of the end of a manic episode. During this manic episode, and for some time before, I have been Hypersexual. I want it all the time, and I am never satisfied after I get it, no matter how long the session lasts. I'm married (about 20 years), and I look at other women thinking sexual things.

So, here's my question: Is there something that can be done for this? Like a shot of something? How long would the effects of the treatment last? Would I still be able to please my wife if she desired?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 12th, 2009
Experienced User
some women like it when men have sex with them while they're sleeping.. um.. Eskimo men had more than one wife.. I don't know, keep her happy. She's important. I'm bipolar too. I've never known what it's like to be in a committed relationship though so I don't know what else to say.

If I could I would have just one partner the whole rest of my life.
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2009
Thanks for the input.

I have never went outside my marriage for sex. I just am at wits end trying to keep myself satisfied, I figured lowering my desire would help a little.
|

replied October 24th, 2009
Try Topamax!
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2009
I was on Topamax a long time ago for migraine prevention. It cost me a really good job, because it made me stupid. The folks (Doctors) around here call it Stupamax.

I know you are just trying to help, and thank you.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...