User Profile
A family member of mine was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder 3 years ago and I have been looking into what treatments are available, mainstream and alternative, what are the side effects, what are the latest treatments being developed, and who is carrying out clinical trials of these new treatments?

I am putting together a book on Bipolar Disorder, what life is like, what treatments are available and I am after your help, what would you like to know, what questions would you like answered?

If there is any questions you would like asked please let me know, thanks.

Kind Regards
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 18th, 2010
I have a question. I am bipolar and have fairly good luck with my meds to balance my mood swings. But I still get rage attacks. And my main question is about the full moon and the new moon affects on bipolar people. I can't sleep during these moon phases and I have terrible rage attachks. Does anyone else have this happen and what can I do about it? Thanks!
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2010
Hi Callie7 I am looking into this at the moment, it seems a lot of people suffer with this, so as soon as I have some information for you I will post it.

Thanks for your question Callie7
|

replied November 5th, 2010
Experienced User
Can you tell me if bipolar people have difficulty in showing feelings, expressing affection like walking hand in hand or kissing.
|

replied November 5th, 2010
Experienced User
yes i think so my guy friend was the same way. and if i asked him if he was mad at me he would say no when it was obvious to me he was. plus when i "dated" him he didnt hold my hand or anything either and i would ask but he would do nothing.
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2010
I was diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder and manic depressive disorder about 8 months ago and now recovering very well, I stopped drinking and smoking as a result. I started meditating and breathing tecniques help when I get negative thoughts. I used to smoke cannabis and so I also became paranoid of the relationships I was in be it friends or intimate relationships. I used to hear voices they mainly made me feel positive and encouraging, I see little stars all the time, sometimes I see them move for about 3 secs, its very special to me. My social team has helped a lot because they listen to me and do not judge me in any way.
I believe that it is not easy to express feelings if you are having a very high or low episode, although friends and family might succeed with positive results if there is unconditional will to understand .
|

replied November 11th, 2010
Iæve got bipolar I and am an artist. The main question for me is this connection. You know, I woke up an afternoon with a choir of 8 voices sounding in the room as if it was a chatedral. Then I knew I had to compose. It's not a thing I just wish to do, I must, because of what I heard. But I will never reach that, you know. How could I? I've never used any drugs or anything, still I see beautiful heads of marble carved into my blankets every night. And the horrors I somtimes suffer are from hell, real demons, not just bad ideas. The question? Well, I don't know. But this is serious stuff, that's for sure. It's living on the edge of a knife. Hope you can capture some of that in your book. Good luck!
|

replied November 11th, 2010
Experienced User
Mandolim, I think this is a bit more than BP, perhaps something spiritual involved. Perhaps talking to a pastor will help, or praying to God.
|

replied November 19th, 2010
My husband has undiagnosed bipolar 2. We have a 2 year old daughter. His mother had severe type 1. What are the chances our daughter will have it as well?
|

replied November 20th, 2010
hmm
let me tell you this.....I thought he was my forever loved one tunrs out he takes off has secret meets sex with strangers the works NO THEY SHOW NO AFFECTION...they are selfish uncaring and damn right dangerous...I never had a kiss in 11 years!!!! I feel I have wasted my time on someone who doesnt want to get help...i tried now I have given up...we can't talk anymore anyway...thank god for that...seeing your so called partner screw someone else smile at other women all the time its heart breaking...I shoulda left him a long time ago...dont know if this helps but my advice LOOK AFTER YOURSELF FIND SOMEONE WHO APPRECIATES YOU...seriously for years I tried to get him to go to counselling and doctors but no....its all about him...sorry makes me angry just thinking about it...take care
|

replied November 29th, 2010
Lithium vs Epilim
Lithium was the best drug I ever took for Bi-bolar, at the time I starting taking it I was diagnosed with major depression and was taking Zoloft. The combination of the two made me normal again for at least 4 years. I stopped taking the Zoloft as I thought it wasn't working, just the Lithium and was fine. Then the depression started to come back but it was nowhere near at bad as it had been in the past (ie crippling). I decided to try a different medication from Lithium as I thought it wasn't working, worst decision ever. I was high for three months, felt better than I have in my entire life and then crash bang, hospital and a long stint of depression. Since I have tried Seroquel and now I am on Epilim and Lexapro as an anti-dep. What do you think about me trying Lithium again?, obviously I would discuss with Shrink in near future
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...