I had a bile leak after having my gallbladder removed 3 years ago.
I spent a month in hospital and many more having drains and wounds packed.
Since then i have had on going chronic pain in my right side. I can not wear tight clothing . Can not walk stand , sit or lie in one position for long.
I have to watch what i eat . Sometimes i vomit others i have to run to a toilet.
Now i have just been diagnosed with a growth on the side of my liver and a large cyst on ly liver.
I can't beleave how mine and my families life has been changed since my surgery.
I was a hard worker before this and have not been able to return to woek since.
The financial strain has been very hard on my family.
Aswell as other family members having to step in and help with day to day chores
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. I am sorry for all of your troubles. These post cholecystectomy complaints are very common and need supportive care. You however need to be examined and evaluated for the nature of this cyst you have in your liver because it is not correlated with your gallbladder. It appears to be a separate entity. You need for the work up to assess the condition and then manage it accordingly. Financial burden is no doubt too much but nothing is precious than your health.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bile Duct Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.