User Profile
After suffering with plantar fasciitis for about a year it is finally disappating. However now, my big toe is hurting in the joint area. Has anyone experienced this pain before. Any suggestions about what to do to help it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 13th, 2009
Hello pamb10,

I know you have been in a lot of pain struggling this past year. One thing to consider about your toe is gout. Your doctor can do a simple blood test to check the uric acid level in your body. If this is elevated, you can be given medications to rid your body of the excess uric acid and start daily medications to prevent it from accumulating again. Gout can be caused by many things, including too much red meat in the diet, beer, and some medications including HCTZ given for blood pressure and fluid.
|

User Profile
Now that is pretty intersting. Might that have something to do with PF symptoms and other joint pains? I do take meds for HBP and High Cholesterol and a few other things. As well, for the past few months I have been feeling very sluggish and achey
|

Do you have muscular pain? Statins used to treat cholesterol can cause muscle breakdown leading to a feeling of heaviness in the musles as well as fatigue. You should be having regular liver enzymes drawn. If you are having muscle pain, particularly in the legs, stop this medication immediately and go see your doctor for labwork to determine if the medication is causing the pain.
|
Tags: joint pain
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....