Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Big toe and right hand turn red then the skin drys out and peels

HI,
I have a problem where my big toe and my right hand in the area between by thumb and first finger plus my middle finger turns red like a sun burn. This goes on for about a week or so then the top layers of the skin die and it drys out. About 2 weeks go by and I can no longer feel things with that skin it get hard and starts to peel away like a snake or lizard. This is happening more frequently about 4-5 time a year. I think it might be a autoimmune issue. I hope it doesn't lead to something serious.
Thanks Kelly

Male age 45.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2014
Thank you for asking!
This skin peeling condition needs a little assessment by a dermatologist as it might be a dermatological disease or some dermatological manifestation of som systemic disease.aAny how it needs a complete clinical correlation for further management. I am sorry but this is the best i can help you with. It could be some exfoliative dermatitis or some skin peeling condition.Needs a professional eye and a dermatologist opinion before commenting any further.
take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.