So, me and my bf have been dating a year and a half, he did pot for about half the time we were going out that I didn't know about. I got really pissed off at him for doing it and not telling me, I never wanted to date someone that does drugs. I found out about it in Feb. when I ran into him stoned, and he promised me he wouldn't do it again. From what I know he hasn't since then, but he's best friend is moving far away, and he is having a going away party, and bf told me about it and I was ok. Then last night he told me that there would be drugs there(marijuana) then I asked him if he was going to do it, and he said maybe. I got pissed off at him, then he said he wouldn't do it, and I didn't looked satisfied with that, so he said he promised he wouldn't do it. We didn't get much time to talk cause I had to leave right after, but I left him angry. I want to trust him that he won't do it, but I don't know if I can. Ever since I found out he did pot without telling me for so long, a part of my trust for him went away. I want him to go to he's friends party and have fun, but I know that night I'll be worried about what he's doing. I'm still angry that he even thought about doing it after he knew how upset I was about the whole drug thing. What should I do? Do I have a right to be upset about this? thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2008
Experienced User
hey girl
i know exactly how you are feeling...when a part of your trust goes away...
my boyfriend smoked up like that too. i told him i did not want him doing it and he promised me he would be done. then a couple months later i smelt it and looked in his bag and there it was. a bag of pot. i felt so dissapointed. you would think that the person you love and loves you back could tell you anything huh?
well i definatley think you have a right to be upset.
you need to express your feelings and how it hurts you to see him do this.
my bf knows how much i dislike it and how it hurts me and he has almost quit it all together.
i truely believe your bf will stop and realize if you have a heart to heart conversation with him.
if he loves you he will do what it takes to make you happy.
you just have to be patient and be there for support.
i hope this helps you Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?