Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

between self confidence and self consciousness

Hello everyone!
First of all please excuse any mistakes, English isn't my first language (I know how ruff some forums can be)

Well I'll just get straight to the point. I'm kind of stuck between being very self confident and very self conscious. I go from emotional high to low back to high backt to low and it is very very exhausting. Some days I get up, look in the mirror and like what I see. I go to work and socialize with lots of people there and just have a good time. And then it suddenly starts. I look in the mirror and think I'm ugly. I'll rethink every conversation I've had that day. Think about it over and over again and try to analyse. I said something stupid, I did something weird, I made the tiniest mistake. Suddenly everything that seemed just fine before now seems like a horrible mistake. I suddenly realize that everyone must actually hate me. Every tiniest amount of criticism makes me really sad. I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about it. I try to talk to my partner but I can't because all this is just stupid and ridiculous and I don't want to be attention seeking. It seems like I want to please everyone, which of course is impossible. So I fail and get depressed about it. But then the next morning I'll wake up and it will he fine. I think that from now on I will change. I'll just shut my mouth so I can't say anything stupid, I'll just be super friendly with anyone. I'll start the day and be truly happy for a while until the whole cycle starts again.

I just find it very exhausting. I sometimes think that in my 'happy phases' I'm too happy and annoy other people by not being serious enough or talking to much. Or well, that's what I think in my 'down phases'. It is hard to explain. This probably sounds very confusing to anyone who reads this.
But I'd like to find a way to just be fine.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2014
Experienced User
You are just confused with what you feel. Do not depend your reasoning or the way you think of yourself or to others by your moods or what you feel but be logical and sensible. It is but natural to be over confident or over conscious sometimes but don't despair because I also experience this feelings. Just relax and be yourself.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...