Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

best way to remove addiction ??

hi guys!!!
how are you all? what is the best way to remove addiction?
thanks Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2010
My brain is smart enough to manipulate me with thoughts, feelings, memories, dreams, etc.. to get me to use a drug or whatever against my will. I was surprised to realize my brain is stupid in that a drug can feel good once, hurt 100 times and it doesn't understand that the drug doesn't feel good anymore. We did survive until our primate or reason upgrade(opposeable thumb) now sees and corrects glitches like this. I feel partnered with my subconscious and instincts and emotions (group emotions and alone emotions) and can let them do their thing when appropriate, stop them when they aren't helping. Some things like frustration demanding anger and aggression so we have the energy and emotion necessary to take the piece of meat the opponent is blocking us from, I can't control with will but need tricks, I must imagine aggression or change my goal or point of view. If I stuff it I will be mean to someone at some later time and think I have a problem with them when the problem was with someone earlier in the day. Anytime a goal is blocked discomfort in the form of frustration happens and can only be relieved by aggression, imagining aggression, or changing your goal or point of view, unless you know of another trick. I beat addiction and aggression (so far)by studying behavioral science and observing myself and others, testing the theories, and adjusting them as I learned. Betty Ford Clinic said we as addicted people were born, or soon after, with a physical difference in our brains not giving us the amount of pleasure needed to be normal. I have to seek pleasure with pictures, drugs, fun, sex, sharing, kindness, meanness, etc. to compensate for the defect. They said there would be a surgery 5 years ago to fix the problem but it was decided brain surgery is too radical. I remember Effexor offers a general feeling of well-being and wonder if it is a cure for addiction as well as mental illness. If you use any of this or behavioral science(addictions science too) in general, you will find you can perfect what has been observed and answer questions science is asking.
|

replied November 20th, 2010
just think how your life is so much better when ur not dependent on a substance (what ever it may be) and you will have the upper hand in getting it out of ur life. so you can do what u want without being held back, and u can never forget the money ul save being clean. the benifits of bein ur own person is worth whatever u have to go thru to get it out of your life if u really belive u can get clean then you can, never ever give up on making yourself the person u really want to be! dont ever give up or think u cant do it cuz u can. hope for the best for you!!
|

replied March 19th, 2013
simplest
if you want to be great
feel greatness in your self

replace the addicted thing with God
and let God cover up the place

do not fight against it, just replace it
|

replied March 22nd, 2013
Re: best way to remove addiction ??
The best way to remove addiction is doing regular exercise, remaining busy in professional and social work, and always stayng positive minded.
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2013
Experienced User
That depends on what type of addiction you have. You see, if you are addicted to some habits, without the involvement of chemicals, you could get to the source of the addiction and get help in correcting it, such as a counselor, or psychologist. However, if you are addicted to a substance, withdrawal can be pretty tough and may take some time since your body needs time to flush out the substances in you.
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2013
Personally, I don't think it's ever "removed"-- and the pathways it's created in your brain will always be there. I find that attending meetings, daily spiritual maintenance, and taking care of myself are all things that really help me. I had to ask myself, why I loved to use dope. I had to confront a lot of things I didn't want to look at (inside myself)-- before I could truly feel better with being clean. And when it comes to withdrawals, after about three months my head didn't feel foggy anymore. It takes much longer to get your head right, your chaos straightened and some inner peace-- than getting physically healthy (unless there is brain damage, HIV etc.)
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Trying day after day is the best way I think. And it must be for a long time. One day you will be able to get rid of that totally!
|

replied June 26th, 2013
It takes time and in many cases - hitting rock bottom. It may take quite a few years to FINALLY realize it, that it absolutely cannot be sustained and that you must break free of the slavery involved. Also, after being ripped off/robbed numerous times over something unsustainable and temporary (having lasting financial consequences among others), you will finally grow tired of letting people take all your money away to profit from your misfortune. You will finally grow tired of having to worry each day how you're going to get it, waiting around on people, worrying about money, not being able to get out of bed unless you have it or really do anything productive at all unless you have it, the list goes on. Depending on how severe the addiction has become, it may take a few months to a year to feel like yourself again (due to PAWS - Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome). You just have to forgive yourself and once you come to these realizations, allow yourself some time to recover. Understand you will have good and bad days but that you can get through it, just like you did before you were addicted.
|

replied June 27th, 2013
There are lots of licensed and professional drug addiction recovery treatment centers that play a major role in removing the drug and alcohol addiction problem of teens and youths. Specialized programs, individual and group counseling and psychotherapy are result oriented and show positive effects in the life of drug addicts. Drug recovery programs also twelve steps of model, parenting tips, motivational training, stress and depression reduction programs and many others.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....