Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

best natural way to set my brain clock again?

User Profile
please tell me the best natural way to set my brain clock again. i arrived to a different place with different time zone last june 23. i didn't have any trouble falling asleep for 5 days. but after that, its hard for me to fall asleep anymore. been awake for 7 days straight, then fell asleep for 6 hours each day for 3 days with aid form different herbal meds for sleeping. then no sleep for two days, then i took seroxat 20 mg, had slept only for 4 h because of strong palapitations and now, had trouble falling asleep. i dont want to take any medications for this because i dont want to be dependent by it. please, PLEASE tell me the most effective way to bring back my natural clock for sleeping. i even had anxieties for not falling to sleep..

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2014
Sleep Disorders Answer A48319
Thank you for consulting e-healthforum. You have to go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time with alarm clock. You have to get out of bed with alarm even if you slept very little. It should settle in a few day. Besides you should see a doctor for anxiety disorder treatment.

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.