Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

benign warty mole ?

User Profile
Hi, I'm from, Wales, UK. I have a USB microscope, and out of curiosity the other night, I decided to look at any lumps on my face. There is a TINY lump on my eyelid which I imaged, and it amazed me when I saw it. The following is the image uploaded to Imageshack..

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9762/im age392g.jpg

It only measures 0.5 mm across, and it's about one mm long. Measured using the on screen ruler of the microscope. there is also another tiny little lump, 0.4 mm across, that looks exactly like it, on my left upper cheek. They are both so small no-one, except my teenage daughter has noticed them. They have gone right under my radar to be honest.

Yesterday I paid for an online Dermatologist's opinion , and he was of the opinion it may be a be a benign warty mole and even if it is melanoma it couldn't be diagnosed, being so small, but to get it checked out anyway, which I will. I am interested in your opinion about it.

Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2012
Skin Cancer Answer A40387
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

I have seen the image provided by you and just by observation it seems like a benign mole. You need to self monitor the spot for any change in size, color, pain, irregularity of margins, ulceration, etc. which is generally present in case of any malignant growth or Melanomas.

Melanoma is characterized by ABCDE that is asymmetry, border,colour, diameter and if it is evolving.If all these things are present then it requires an immediate attention.You can consider visiting a Dermatologist once for clinical examination and exact diagnosis.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.