User Profile
Good Morning, My name is John. I want to ask if a diabetic like myself who takes meal time insulin 70/30 is able to use an item called "Flex Belt". i do regular muscle exercise but my back starting to hurt, i stopped doing crunches or sit ups for a while and the pain went away, i assumed because of the crunches that i do is stressing my lower back. so i plan on using the Flex Belt. Again my question is, Can i diabetic like myself using who uses Meal time Insulin is able to use the Flex Belt?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2018
General Q and A Answer A63267
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe it is safe to use flex belt being a diabetic. However you should consult a Physiotherapy trainer and let them have a look on your muscles and posture and see if there is an alternative better option. As belts are notorious for reducing your muscle strength and produces back and spine issues in the long run.

Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Exercise
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.