Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

bellybutton pain since childhood

Hi I have had an extratreamly sensitive belly button for my whole life. I can not touch it. (I have an inny) The pain is getting worse as I get older. Also, when I do any exercizes at all, lately I have noticed a change in the level of pain going up. I have pain if I eat too much as well. What is this pain telling me? I don't understand why it is getting worse. (I don't understand why I have it to begin with)
Anyone have any ideas what it might be? How to make it better? Thanks,
bamm
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2012
Have u ever found out any more about your condition? I too have a super sensitive navel. Always have. I'm 38 and the thought of going anywhere near it is unbearable. It's common knowledge to my family and friends. No one gets it though. It's not "ticklish". It's pain. I wish I could have it "fixed". I feel that I would be so much more at ease in general. Always assumed it was a nerve ending or something.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....