Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

been tryin for a baby, came on my period But its not blood

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Hey me and my partner have been tryin for a baby for 4 months now and nothing yet. i came on my period what i thought was my period on the 29th which i was due anyway. But its not blood its thick brown black and been going on for 3 days now i have no pain no smell as me and partnerhave reguraly check ups anyway. Took a pregnancy test it came back neg. need advice

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A31063
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Altered bleeding/abnormal periods, shorter and lighter periods could be early indication for pregnancy. Wait and watch for your periods which could start late. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation if periods do not start within 10 days or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, or if you develop any other new symptoms.
If you have been trying for pregnancy and have not been successful, you should consider getting a complete infertility work-up done for you and your partner to see if there are any underlying causes for the infertility/inability to conceive. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you get pregnant. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.