Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

been to my doctor three times!

User Profile
i am worried about the pain i have had since march it is on both sides of my rib cage i have been to my doctor three times about this and he is sending me for a blood test and a bone profile i have lost two stone in weight i am always thristy and my heart beat is raceing i am in content pain all the time could tell me i f i have any thing to worry about thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2010
Bone Cancer Answer A17616
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out. Taking in view of the symptoms of excessive thirst, loss of weight & racing heart, I'll suggest 2 diseases to be ruled out First is diabetes mellitus. For that you'll need to do a blood sugar and HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin). The second is Hyperthyroidism.

For that you need to undergo thyroid function tests. The pain which you have mentioned in the chest could likely be a musculoskeletal pain. However, please get an x-ray chest done to rule out a pathology in the lung. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.