Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

been on 7 ssri meds!

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
iv been having panic attacks for years..iv been on 7 ssri meds and they dont do any thing for me but give SideFx..Xanax just makes my life 100% anxiety free..but the doctors wont give it to me..i have to ask them 3 time after they put me on these meds that dont do anything for me..what should i do?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2011
Anxiety and Stress Answer A22426
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

The only advice I can give is that you should try and consult another doctor preferably a psychiatrist and tell them your symptoms and the relief you get from Xanax. Maybe there is a medical reason behind not prescribing it. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.