Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Beef linked to cancer? and milk question

Hi. I had read a article on food babes website on fast food burger places and beef where the regular/conventional beef could give you cancer and she gives a source supposedly from oxford university and I eat regular beef now so that makes me very concerned. This is probably internet garbage/pseudo science/pseudo facts as someone on the internet told me so I probably don't have anything to worry about However because of the claim on food babes website about beef linked to cancer, I don't want to risk ketching cancer from eating beef myself if its true. Here is the link to the food babe article I am talking about.>>> [link to internet garbage/pseudo science/ pseudo facts removed] Also do the antibiotics and hormones injected into cows get into the body from drinking regular milk and if YES then can that be bad, harmful or unhealthy like many claims about milk across the internet? If yes then what does antibiotics and hormones do to the human body by drinking?

I already eat beef twice a day and drink 1 glass of milk twice a day. one burger for launch and another burger for dinner as a doctor on here recommended I eat that as part of my food regimen. Because I eat beef twice a day, is that to much and if yes can that give me cancer? I am not sure weather the beef I eat is processed or not, usually the beef I get comes in a package with the burger shape already made but the beef is not cooked. How can I tell if the beef is processed or not? plus most of the time the burger is somewhat burnt on the top, bottom or both. Because I drink regular milk is that bad for my body and can it makes me sick or give me any diseases like cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
The risk is not significant. Processed beef can be identified from label as well as you can send it to veterinary laboratory for analysis.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.