Just before I fall asleep, I feel the bed shaking. one time it felt as if someone lifted up the end of the bed and let it down; another fews times it felt like someone pounded one time with their fist on my bed. Can someone please help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 27th, 2009
Are you sure your not shaking the bed yourself? I sometimes jump violently when im beginning to fall asleep, sort of like a hypnic jerk caused by my apnea and it feels like the bed is shaking.
|

replied April 27th, 2009
Experienced User
My boyfriend does that when he's falling asleep, too. Most of the time, he doesn't feel it. A couple of times, it is really violent and when I comment on it, he sometimes thought it was me doing it!

If it persists and keeps you from falling asleep, then you might want to see a doctor, but otherwise, don't worry about it.
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
The same thing happened to me in 2008. I''m not sure if something picked up my feet or actually pushed down on the end of the bed to make my feet jump up. I had only been in bed for 30 seconds when this happened. You don''t want to know what I saw when I looked around. It had nothing to do with RLS or muscle jerking.
|

replied January 6th, 2015
Going through the same thing. It started in two weeks before I moved and now I have a new mattress and I am still experience the shaking bed. It feels like mild tremors or movement that I can't put your fingers on

It seems to go away when I pray but it is affecting my sleep terribly.

Is there any doctor that may be able to explain this. I not sure is it physical or spiritual.
|

replied January 12th, 2015
Dponce- Have you gotten any type of a sleep study done? I had very similar issues and I would also "pray" because I almost felt as though something evil was in my room or happening to my body. It turns out that I have narcolepsy. So my body was going from awake to REM sleep so fast, that I would imagine things that weren't really happening. Or sometimes I would jerk extremely hard because of my narcolepsy. I would request from your dr to get a sleep study done so that you at least know what is causing this. Things will make more sense after getting the tests completed. I hope this helps. Smile take care.
|