Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Become overwhelmed and anxiety

I have depression issues which I'm taking Wellbutrin 2 times a day,it helps some. My main issue recently is anxiety.I've had allot on me for the last 4 yrs,too many things to deal with which I won't go into detail...it's boring. My Dr has suggested for me to try Buspar.I have Xanax for the times when I feel like I'm going to "freak out" as I put it.This med helps, it's been a lifesaver.I'm not taking any more anti depression meds the side effects are worse then the ill.I'm older so I'm becoming more sensitive to Rx drugs as well.What is your oppinion of Buspar? does it work much like Xanax? Thanks for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2009
Experienced User
I have taken Buspar. It is good to calm you, it works very similar to Xanax and it is not habit forming. It is great for anxiety.
|

replied June 19th, 2009
Thank you for replying to my post.My Dr wants me to try it.I have several health issues and I've been REALLY sick with tonsillitis for the last 4 mos.It's like I can't get over it.So she was thinking the Buspar would help me.Did you have trouble falling asleep? I have problems with this.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...