Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Bartholin's cyst 1/2 a golf ball size, fluid moved...

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I had a Bartholin's cyst about 11 months ago and now i felt it again sunday but it was the size of 1/2 a golf ball by monday and yesterday morning. The discomfort was getting worse over time I took voltaren 100mg yesterday after 11 am and by 2pm i felt it easing. By 6pm i noticed that the cyst was no longer there but the fluid moved to the labia, it is extremely swollen, but there is no discomfort at all. Now i have thick white discharge this morning.

Can i have a Bartholin's cyst and a yeast infection the same time or did the cyst burst and i developed the yeast infection after?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A34774
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is possible to have vaginal infection along with Bartholin’s gland duct infection. Getting a vaginal swab/smear test done on the altered vaginal discharge that you describe will help to identify the causative agent. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further examination and evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.