Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Diagnostics & Test Results Forum

Barium swallow, Can tumors be missed if you burp?

I've been having a sore throat. I had a barium swallow done. During the test your told not to burp. As soon as they laid me on my stomach I burped. I'm worried now that I screwed up the test results. Can tumors be missed if you burp and they don't clear picture?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2014
Thank you for asking

No its not going to compromise They told you not to burp because barium reflux cause severe irritation of the throat. That has resulted in your case. Rest i am sure what barium was swallowed for, will not be missed.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diagnostics & Test Results , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.