User Profile
I;ve had tmjd for about two years now , i went to an orthodontist surgeon he told me to do some jaw exercises they seemed to help my affected side ( the right side) but as i did them i noticed strain in my left side as well! but my left side is not affected, i just wanted help aS I dont want to suffer this horrible thing on both sides. Also my dentist had called me in about a week for a night guard, so i wud stop grinding my teeth. Should i discontinue my exercises? Does tmjd ever get solved? Thank You !
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
angygurl,

There are several different types of TMJ problems.

However, the TMJ dysfunction can usually be treated very successfully with splinting and exercises, as it is usually caused by muscle spasms and/or bruxism (grinding of the teeth), rather than an anatomic problem (disc displacement, malocclusion, etc).

However, if the exercises are causing more problems than they are helping, you might want to stop doing them for a while. However, if you do any type of relaxation exercises, to calm down any muscle spasms that might be present, you should continue them.

Again, usually, TMJ dysfunction can be successfully treated. But, it may take some hard work and time.

You might speak with your dentist about the exercises.

Good luck.
|

replied September 4th, 2013
There are different types of exercise that are recommended to TMJ. But it seems that you are suffering more from the exercise. May be its time to change the exercise. I know TMJ pain is horrible. But I would recommend to change the exercise you are currently doing.
|