Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

bad smelling discharge during sex

I have been off my birth control pills for about 5 months and have had regular periods. Just recently I have had a foul smelling discharge during intercourse. I have never had any problems with odor or anything like that. I have had the same partner for four years. Do you think this may be Bacterial vaginosis? I have no itching or burning...........just the foul odor during sex and I noticed the same odor when removing a tampon during my period. Help? anyone else experienced this problem. I have an appointment Monday with gyn...Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2009
Community Volunteer
Fishy smelling? Or just a stronger smell than what is usual for you. BV smells fishy. Could also be a yeast infection. Best to wait for that gyn appointment as it could be anything.
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Me too
I have experienced the same kind of problem. I went to the Gyno for my yearly and all test came back normal... and I even requested all STD's and HIV to be tested(b/c they don't test unless you ask or they see a problem!)I'm so confused
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....