User Profile
I have been producing bad breath from the mouth for ten years now (Since 2000). the bad breath caused a lot of problems to me, my girl friends left they thought that may be i dont brush teeth, self esteem is real destroyed, i cant talk when people are close to me, in the university iam like a laughing object no one even want to talk or sit with me. and even when i am talking people use to hold their nose. is real ashaming. iam in trouble to extent that sometime i feel like comitting suicide.

i have gone to many dentists they all told me that there is no problem with my teeth and mouth. they all suggested me to take anti biotics which i have been taking for a long time now, without any changes.
recently my stomach started paining i went again to a doctor they eximined ,told me that i lack or have very few Hydrochloric acid in the stomach that is why stomach pains and is what causes bad breath in the mouth.

and a doctor scared me that im at risk of getting stomach cancer.
help me

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2010
Dental Health Answer A9215
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know whether there is a cure for bad breath.

Bad breath may occur in one of the following conditions: dental problems (poor dental hygiene, periodontal disease, gingivitis), dieting, dry mouth, systemic (bodywide) illnesses (such as diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease, lung disease, sinus disease, reflux disease), food containing volatile oils (onions and garlic), medications, nose, mouth and throat conditions, psychiatric illness ("pseudohalitosis."), tobacco products, etc.

According to the data that you described, you do experience bad breath. You may consider paying a little bit more attention to the oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice a day, cleaning the tongue and flossing. You may also consider chewing gums or taking breath mints. You should be drinking at least 10-12 glasses of water per day, which means drinking water even at school. If your gums bleed during brushing of your teeth, take Vitamin C to avoid bleeding.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.