Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Meningitis Forum

Bacterial Menengitis after effects & remedies

I am a 32 year old otherwise and previously healthy male who contracted bacterial meningitis 4 months ago and I have been debilitated since with excruciating migraines & a severe sore throat. Is this normal? What would you suggest for remedies?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
Migraine and sore throat are not the squelae of menigitis.
Both migraine and sore throat need management.
Treatment for migraine is of two types.
Abortive therapy that relieve acute attack of migraine and maintaince treatment that prevent future attacks.

Sore throat need to be sorted out through proper examination and relevant investigations.
I would like to advise you to consult neurologist for migraine and otorhinolaryngologist for sore throat.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Meningitis
Quick Reply
Must Read
Meningitis is contagious and can be life threatening. Get the basic facts on meningitis here....
What are the different types of meningitis and who do they affect? We answer this here....
Early signs and symptoms of meningitis can mimic the flu. Can you identify meningitis symptoms and know when to seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Meningitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.