Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Meningitis Forum

Bacterial Men. at 6 wks old cause these life long issues?

Must Read
Meningitis is contagious and can be life threatening. Get the basic facts on meningitis here....
What are the different types of meningitis and who do they affect? We answer this here....
Early signs and symptoms of meningitis can mimic the flu. Can you identify meningitis symptoms and know when to seek medical help?...
User Profile
I had bacterial spinal meningitis at 6 weeks old, they had to reseitate me, I was in hospital icu. For along time, I just recently found this. Out, I have always had severe tremors in my hands since a child memory issues I don't remember stuff for the most part n have an issue with remembering day to day what we talk about today for me tomorrow Wil be hazy I had difficulties in school, I have severe anxiety attacks been diagnosed with PTSD have had high blood pressure since a child went on medication o n when I was 16 I have issues with left side of my body from my neck giving me horrible migraines to my lower back sending p a in down my leg, I talk to my family doc she don't see I just want to know if it is a possibility that the meningitis could have triggered these issues, my doc just says that happened along time ago, but my symptoms have always been the same am I crazy to believe there is a connection

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2014
Meningitis Answer A48659
Thank you for asking
Meningitis is the infection of the meninges of the brain and the issues of memory you are mentioning are in hippocampus far far away from meninges plus time frame is quite wide so least likely. Psychiatric profile PTSD and anxiety and other issues have a role in it. It needs a psychiatrist. You can do it. Take some therapy sessions and stay in touch with a psychiatrist.
I hope it helps. Visit our health centre for further guidance.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Meningitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.