I recently had some issues with my urine. It was light, then kinda dark, had an odor. It didn't really hurt to pee but it was uncomfortable. Then during an orgasm oh my god that hurt. Second time my wife and I had sex it hurt again. I finally decided to use the app Dr. Ondemand and spoke with someone about what was happening.

First thing she asked me was if I had any other sexual partners other than my wife. But I haven't. She said she would normally say it might be an STD but since I have not been with anyone else she said it was Prostitis. I have been trying to figure out how I could have gotten this. Well last night I think I figured it out and I am worried.

For 3 months I have these bumps on my shin along with redness. Itchy, sore, bruising. At the 2 month mark when I was seeing my primary care doctor for something else I asked him about it and he said it was Cellulitis. He said to just treat it with some over the counter stuff. I said ok but never did it and didn't think it was that big of a deal. Well now I am thinking this cellulitis that I never took care of has gotten into my blood stream and caused this Prostitis. Is this possible or are they unrelated?

Jason
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe cellulitis has nothing to do with this prostatitis episode. Painful discomfort in genital areas or during micturition or coitus indicates prostatitis. It does not necessarily need to be involved in other partners and it can happen with the same partner due to poor coital habits. Just maintain good hygiene get your urine and blood cultures done and urine analysed for the possible organism and get treated with antibiotics promptly. Take adequate Fluids and maintain good hygiene. There is nothing to worry about.

Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bacterial Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.