Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Back Pain When Stretching

Whenever I do any stretch that involves bending over, I always get back pains when I relax. It's like my back builds up and holds pressure as I stretch and then when I take a break, it releases all of that and it hurts. I try relaxing my back when I stretch but I doesn't help. Any idea how I can get that to stop?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2015
I am not sure which way (forward or back) that is causing pain. But you are not describing sciatic pain (pain down your leg)- just pain in your back.

You must be doing something posturally wrong- a gentle stretch shouldn't hurt during or afterwards. Have a personal trainer observe what you are doing and he/she will correct you so it won't hurt.

Best,
Dr.Kim

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Fitness
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.