Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Back pain, tingling, numbness in fingers

User Profile
Hi I have a guestion what can be the cause of back pain tingling numbness in the fingers?
My symptoms began 3years ago, there were hemoptysis, heightened temperature muscle pain. I went to the doctor he had prescribed the antibiotic penicillin for 5 days. After a week now occurred again hemoptysis,ear pain. I went to the hospital,the doctor did an x-ray chest,everything was ok, blood test results it was ok. I went home, later appeared on new symptoms:burning sensation in the back, sore throat,burning tongue, pain left arm,pain when swallowing,night sweats. I went to the hospital: doctor did bronchoscopy. The result showed that it was a staph infection. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic. I came to the neurologist did an MRI spine cervical, thoracic, brain MRI any changes any problems. The doctor made ​​me a blood test for ANA antibodies. The result showed antibodies ANA 1:160. A blood test for Lyme disease ELISA method igg result of highly positive. western blot negative(lyme d.)

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2013
Neurological Disorders Answer A45419
Thank you for your question. Your condition is beyond the scope of neurology. I advise you see a rheumatologist.

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.