I have Swelling in what feels like a ball at very bottom left of spine (sometimes different sides or both)Tight ankle,pins and needles from toes to back of knee up left side of calf,loss of feeling from time to time I have burnt my foot and ankle twice,hip swelling,tightness in thigh,pulling and twisting sensation from toes to my hip,coldness , and what I can only describe as extra little bits of bone(my left shoulder has a bit that is shaped like a corner my knee has a similar one in the front,cramping on and off constantly,times I can not sit,stand or lie comfortable,constant pain for 8 years all day every day,Dr Helena crook (willow wood surgery)diagnosed flat back and sciatica ,referred for X-ray and physio which I done and it hurt a lot more that I could I cope with . Other drs don’t think it is sciatica but getting any appointments for tests feels like waiting a lifetime I spend most of my time when it is really bad completely off my feet with hot water bottles muscular cream painkillers and nothing really works ,the littlest distance really exhausts me ,it’s mentally and physically draining,I have 5 children between 6-16 and have to then ask my mum to help out whose 73 , the longest period was 2 weeks up until now 6-7weeks (31/07/19) it is not just having an impact on me but those around me too. In June 2019 I had booked a trip the zoo for my youngest child’s birthday and when the time come I had to be pushed around in a wheelchair,I then felt like a burden to those around me,it stops me going to work at times,and it’s not very good for the mind a medical professional my family knows suggested asking drs to test for scoliosis or ankylosing spondylitis which I did 5 years ago and still not a test for either but yet still no answer as to what it might be,any insight thoughts would be appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Fibromyalgia, depression , vitamin B12 deficiency and sciatica are possible differentials. I would suggest you serum B12 and MRI lumbosacral spine to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.