Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Back pain , symptoms and causes

User Profile
Hello, I'm 19 years old and I have got a pain my low back, the pain is mostly in a pelvis area. Couple of months ago, I stretched down and when I got up, I had a terrible ache, I couldn't move my upper body forward and backwards, I had to stay straight in order to reduce the pain. But that pain had gone in 3-4 days, at that time I was training and swimming. Currently, daily, I am doing my workouts for an hour and also swimming for an hour and half, but the thing is that, at the end of day, I've got a light ache in my low back , if i move my upper body backwards or if I stretch down forward , I've got a light pain , I guess something's connected with nerves. Also, the pain is not in the middle of the low back spine , it's somewhere in the right side of pelvis. Maybe I've got problems with my spine disc, maybe one of my low back discs are herniated. When I am training I've got no pain, I am doing various exercises such as : back stretches , sit ups, push ups, light weight lifting. Also, in addition, as I know when the problem is with the spinal disc , the pressure on the nerve should be causing the pain in my leg, I've got no pain my leg, just an ache in my low back . I hope and I think that it's not about a spinal disc, maybe I stretched my muscle or a nerve, or got cold. I should do an X-ray, i know it, but what do you think are these symptoms of a spinal disc herniation ? Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
Ani_Tokhadze,

You state that the pain is lower than the back, in the pelvis. If it is in the region of the dimples on the lower back, that is the region of the sacroiliac (SI) joints.

SI joint dysfunction is not uncommon in athletes. You might ask a physical therapist, athletic trainer, or personal trainer about some stretching and strengthening exercises specifically for the SI joints.

You are correct in that this does not sound like a disc problem. An x-ray, at this time, would probably be a waste of money.

If the pain becomes persistent and you cannot do your usual activities, or you develop pain down the leg with numbness and tingling, then you may need to see a physician.
|
Users who thank Gaelic for this post: Ani_Tokhadze 

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2011
Gaelic,

Thank you for your answer. I calmed down. These days I have read so much about herniated disc that soon I'm gonna be mad . You know what's the funniest thing , yesterday I was doing sit ups and I jerked my neck , now I've got sort of the same kind of pain in my Thoracic curve, if i move my neck side to side it hurts, also I've got very light pain in my right hand. So everything that is going on with me is connected to the right side of my body =)) I am sort of scared, anyway I've got to visit a doc. I guess I've got a weak spine, that's why I am training this much, I want to make my muscles stronger in order to keep and hold up my spine safe.
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...