Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

back discomfort after drinking

Hi all

My question is I am having slight discomfort somewhere in the middle of my back , and this seems to take place after a heavy night of drinking and lasts for a few days unless I stop drinking , and then it seems to ease off but after another heavy night of drinking it seems to come straight back , any ideas ?

I am wondering if my misspent youth is coming back to haunt me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper EATMYSAC
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Bingo! Stop drinking! This is probably killing your liver and your kidneys...which are right where you are probably feeling the pain.

I will copy this over to the addiction/recovery forum so that you can get on a path to a healthier lifestyle.
|

replied May 12th, 2008
thanks , i just wondred if anyone else had had these sort of pains and is it in the final stages of anything or will the get better if i just slow down on the drinking.
|

replied May 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
northeast1102 wrote:
thanks , i just wondred if anyone else had had these sort of pains and is it in the final stages of anything or will the get better if i just slow down on the drinking.

Afraid the answer is no. Once you start having other problems ei...liver, stomach etc......you have to stop completely. It would be healthier for you to stop in any sense of the word. Have you tried support groups? Or should I take it as your post seems to reflect and that is your really do not want to stop. If that is the case, my question is, how sick are you going to have to get to acknowledge you have a problem that could end up fatal?
|

replied May 16th, 2008
hi thanks for the post , your right i dont want to stop drinking completely as feel i have a grip on my drinking at the moment im well in to fitness so i havnt been drinking during the week, its just that i have had a very hectic social life for the last 10 years or so and heavy drinking was the order of the day when we were out i just need to know exactly what is wrong , i certainly wouldnt describe it as a pain that i am feling but there is something there, also seems to help if i dont drink coffee its awful my two favorite things and i may have to give them up , still dont want to and i would love to hear from anyone else who has had similair discomfort.
|

replied June 28th, 2008
one more thing the pain seems to go away if i take ibruprofen and i am wondering if my kidneys are inflamed .
|

replied August 11th, 2008
I have this same problem coffee and alcohol will cause my left kidney to hurt very badly i went to the doctor to get them checked up on and the tests came back normal, so i really dont have any idea what the problem is. but if i had to guess it would be the change in blood pressure that could cause the pain.
|

replied September 24th, 2008
RE
northeast1102 wrote:
one more thing the pain seems to go away if i take ibruprofen and i am wondering if my kidneys are inflamed .

Hey there,

Yes i get that also, is the pain slightly to the sides of your back on one side or both?
beacuse this is Kidny trouble.

I drank stupid amounts when i was 18 one night i got a pain in my back on the left side and i couldnt sit, walk, stand anything i just cried it hurt so much, when the doctor examined me it was a kidney infection.

I'm now 36 and still drink quite a bit Very Happy but i think what helpws with me now is that i constantly drink evian water like 2-4 litres a day, and i used to hate drinking water,

but ever since i have started i get no problems whatsoever.

So drink gallons of water every day and this will flush out your system keeping it fairly healthy so when you go to drink you shouldn't get the pains back Smile

Hope this helps
take care
Kel xx
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Crybabies
You guys are all CLOWNS that want to run right down the road of getting this guy "help"! He is having a drink for crying out loud...He''s not drinking his stash from under the sofa or chugging his dads aqua velvet aftershave! Get a grip you freaking crybabies... Go to Ireland one day and watch what your missing out on...and maybe iof you little piggys drank a little more, you wouldnt have to rely on the FISTFUL of Snickers that you shovel in your face every day!
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....