Hi,

I was doing breathing exercise (yoga) the other day and I really tweaked my back badly. Now I have trouble taking deep breaths and it feels like my lungs are hitting my ribs when I breathe. It also feels like my spine has gone in a bit making it hard to take deep breaths. Its been six days, my back pain is virtually gone but my breathing is still shallow. I had a chest x-ray done which was normal. My question is, will my breathing improve over time cause I am in quite a bit of discomfort. Please help !!! All answers are appreciated Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Hello Ashish,

Welcome to this forum!!

Sorry to read about your back and brea"hing problem, It was a good idea to have the chest x-rays. However Ashish, the "problem" may not be with your chest (lungs) but perhaps with your back.

If things don't improve a a couple of days may I suggest that you seek the advice of a spinal surgeon. Its that "tweaked myu back badly", and "feels like my spine has gone in a bit" is concerning. As with all medical issues (especially backs) it is always best to seek medical advice early on. Far FAR too many people don't seek medical advice and help in a timely manner.

Let us know how things progress for you.

RichT
|

replied May 15th, 2008
Hello,

While looking up information on acute shoulder blade pain I happened on your post and wanted to say that a few years ago I actually had something very similar. In my case the doctor said that I had a pinched nerve and the pain was causing at first was small grade anxiety attacks which was causing more pain it was a 2 fold. The doctor gave me anxiety medication and then pain medication I had to take the anxiety medication to calm the attack down then take the pain medication for the pain. If I didn't take the anxiety meds I could take all the pain meds I wanted nothing would work.

Granted this is in my situation but either way if it keeps up do go to a doctor because in my case I didn't keep up with it as much as I should have and now have major chronic pain in the shoulder blade. Good luck and I hope everything goes back in place soon Smile
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...