Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

baby is 1 mos. 20 days old, Mom has weight loss problem

User Profile
Hello DR,

My baby boy is 1 month 20 days old. he was taking Nestle powder mild since last 1 month 10 days since he was not taking

my

breast milk.after bit of long practice he started taking my milk since last 10 days BUT i can see there is very drastic

weight loss problem .when he was born (i had C-section by the way) he was 2.8 KG and after 1 month he was 2.35kg and

after 1 month 10 days he gain 3.35kg also.

earlier he was having some gas issue and bit of vomiting but there was no issue in weight.

Now since he started my milk and stoped powder milk from last 10 days he loose his weight and he is now only 2.7 kg

ONLY!!

His urine and stool was also reduce (every 2 days) .so i started again powder milk including feeding of my milk.
now still the weight is same but his urine started daily but he always Vomit whatever i feed to him .

I am very much worry about why this kind of behavior he is having since all comes outside after feed and he keep crying

for many long ho

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2012
Kids Health and Pediatrics Answer A34868
Welcome to e health forum.

It seems that your breast milk secretion is inadequate to satisfy the needs of your baby.

It is very common for young infants to have reflux of the gastric contents in the initial few months, which is probably the cause of the nausea and vomiting. Treatment with antiemetics and medications to improve gastric motility can be prescribed by a pediatrician after due examination.

In addition, along with continued breast feeding, your baby can also be given topfeeds (Nestle baby formula) for the next 4 months, so that his growth and development can catch up. You should keep regular follow up with his pediatrician, who can continuously assess his needs and advice accordingly.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Postpartum and Postnatal , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.