Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

baby constipation

babay constipation. what do i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 18th, 2014
1. Baby pear, prune and white grape juices (unlike citrics, you can give these before 6 months -almost from birth! Just stick to medicinal doses: 0.5 to 1 oz)

2. Leg exercises, tummy massage

3. Adding dark karo to the formula (don't panic about the "botulism danger" - that's a thing of the past according to DrGreene.com and various books)

1-3 are the maintenance things which you should be using anyway. As a safe reliable medicinal aid to ensure a struggling kids succeeds in doing a dooh at least once daily, your options are limited to:

4. Glycerin suppositories for infants, or the budget version - a sliver of plain unscented soap, lubed with k.y. No side effects, guaranteed to make them do a smelly in 5-20 minutes.
|

replied July 18th, 2014
Resend of previous answer (listed on profile but not printed)

1. Baby pear, prune or white grape juices (You can give these before 6 months, virtually from birth - unlike citric juices. Just stick to small medicinal doses - 0.5 to 1 oz)

2. Adding dark karo to the formula (Don't worry, the "botulism danger" is a thing of the past - according to Dr Greene website and various parenting books)

3. Leg exercises and tummy massage

1-3 are maintenance things which you should be using frequently anyway. For a safe and reliable medical crutch, to ensure a struggling kid manages to do a dooh at least once daily, you're limited to:

4. Glycerin suppositories (infant-size), or the budget alternative, a sliver of unscented natural soap (e.g simple) lubed with ky jelly. Either one will make them do a smelly in 5 to 20 minutes.
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2015
thanks!!!!
|

replied May 16th, 2015
I have the same experience like you previously, my DS was having bloated tummy. He like couldn’t go to toilet to do " big business". Quite worry!!! Moms, do you have any good suggestion to prevent constipation? Thanks in advance.
|

replied May 16th, 2015
I have the same experience like you previously, my DS was a serious constipation problem, I so so so worry!!! Moms, do you have any good suggestion to prevent constipation? Cheers.
|

replied May 16th, 2015
I have the same experience like you previously, my DS is having a very serious constipation problem. Moms, do you have any good suggestion to prevent constipation? He has not been to the toilet for quite some time.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....