Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

azoospermic semen

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
1.I have been married since last three years, but my wife is not able to conceive. She had undergone some of the tests and all are positive. I had to under go semen analysis the results are as under
volume: 2ml
colour: purely white
reaction : alkaline
viscosity: normal
liqiuification time: 30min
Microscopicsperm count : nil
active: nil
sluggish: nil
non motile: nil
normal forms: nil
abnormal forms: nil
Other findings:
pus cells: 5-7hpf
ephithelial cells: 3-5hpf
rbc: 1-2hpf
impression: azoospermic semen

microscopic chamber methord,morphology smear methord

my doc told me to under go FSH tests.
my FSH count is 59.4

i know that the FSH is very high, and its rather disturbing to hear that i willnever be able to have kids

is there any hope in future. or what my doc said is right

waiting reply

Read more: Read message ?folder=inbox&mode=read&p=995645#ixzz1r8bL 0yGF
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 6th, 2012
God Will
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. YOur semen analysis indicates azoospermia, means there is no sperm synthesis. I am afraid you cant impregnate. You need a donor sperm or assisted reproductive technique.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.