Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

awful feeling in my gut and my legs and are always quivering

User Profile
I had several things happen in the last 5 years Broke my hi,lost my brother,lost my best friend and various health issues and I ended up feeling very anxious every day for the last 2 years.I take Gabapentin 75mg twice a day for nerve pain in my lower back. I do Thai Chi to help me relax and try to stay active as much as I can.
I always have this awful feeling in my gut and my legs and are always quivering.I feel lousy all the time.I saw numerous doctors and had cat scans upper GI Colonoscopy MRI Thyroid check and CBC but I seem to be healthy as a fish.What do I do next?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2013
Anxiety and Stress Answer A45104
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Generally feeling lousy, having quivering in a part of body, having gut symptoms etc can be due to side effects of Gabapentin. Consult your doctor regarding an alternative pain medication. Also, get a nerve conduction study and and EMG done do see if you have radiculopathy. Get serum electrolytes tested and also FSH, LH, estrogen and progesterone. Imbalance of these can also cause similar symptoms. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.