Im trying to find out what kind of testing to expect after being diagnosed with autoimmune disorder. Can anyone give me anykind of info plz?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 12th, 2012
It is hard to say without knowing what you are being tested for. There is allot of talk these days about how the body's autoimmune system will begin to attack muscles and other organs, but I find this hard to believe. When the body has the right nutrition to perform, it will simply work right. Rarely does the body randomly start to attack itself, on the contrary, the human body is amazingly self sufficient when it has what it needs, and its ability to self correct is phenomenal.
Without knowing too much about your condition, and assuming it might be about muscles, take a look at this eBook on muscles and see if this helps you out. You can rent it from Kindle, and it will explain some things about how the body actually repairs itself, not how it takes itself apart.
I am for more convinced that whatever your condition is, it will respond to nutrition far better than it will to a battery of drugs and tests. Best of luck-
|

replied March 30th, 2012
Hi autoimmune disorder can lead to lots of serious stuff if they don't get it sorted for you? I assume this has been picked up from blood tests? If I were you, go back to your GP with a list of questions such as what is involved, what medication, what I'f you don't take the medicine, your dietary requirements. I have this and it involves vitaligo, chronic thyroid disease, chronic kidney disease, lich schlerosus!, I found all of this out just getting to the doctors as I was feeling itchy!! Wow I panicked at first, but settled down mown now. This hopefully isn't you, but what I am trying to say is you never know unless you ask your doctor for some facts, advice and an explanation of what they diagnosed. Please go back to the person that diagnosed you for this.
|

replied May 13th, 2012
Auto immune diseases need medical care
Auto immune diseases are serious diseases. Basically, your bod's immune system turns on your body by misreading a part of your body as an enemy and tries to heal it. This causes an unnecessary inflammatory reaction which is continuous as your immune system is over reacting. It is a bit like faulty programming and you have no control over it.. It tends to focus on one specific area - organs, arteries, joints, intestine. People will be very, very I'll. Auto immune diseases - rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, arteritis need medication and medical supervision. It is important that you have a really detailed discussion with your Doctor/consultant. As someone who was diagnosed with a rare auto immune disease over 30 years ago - the best way to deal with this long term health problem is by getting good medical advice and by working with your Doctors to get the best possible day to day life you can. I have managed to live a normal life but it is the medical guys who have given me my health.. Take the tablets away and I would not last the year. Be wise, be well.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....