I've been reading about people keeping their autistic diagnosis a secret...My 2yr recently diagnosed with Autism and all of a sudden we are working toward getting him into early special education preschool and talking about possibly being in special education for years to come.
I dont want him to be labeled in any way but I've been going along with all this because the doctors told me what was next to do for him and I just want the best for him of course. How do you keep it a secret if you take special education?? Do you not have to put your child in special edu? I understand that a child with autism needs a nurturing enviornment and be where he can grow and learn the way he needs to, but I also read things like "autistic children can grow up and live completely normal lives". If you kept it a secret, how did you explain the Special Edu or did you not put your child in special edu???

no one responded to my last post...about 100 looked at it.
I am overwhelmed. I was hoping this site would help in some way...Please anything you've got i would be thankful. =)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2017
There are things that are beyond your control and trying to deny those facts or trying to hide those facts can increase your stress.

Accept the reality and be brave, not for yourself but for your son, so that it becomes easy to give attention to him, rather than to the people around him.

If your child has been diagnosed with autism, then it is prudent to provide proper training in specialized school.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Autism, preschool
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.