Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

Autism in children during pregnancy

pregnant women who require drugs to have their labor started or sped up are slightly more likely to have autistic children.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 5th, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
Do you have any actual proof of that? There was a time when people thought the MMR vaccine gave children autism and that was disproved.

If this was the case, more women would be refusing induction and there would be something on the news about it.

It doesn't seem fair going around saying this when pregnancy and labour is a worrying time for any woman.

For the child to be of the autistic spectrum one or both parents would need to carry the gene. If this is the case whether the mother is induced or not she may still have a child that falls on the autistic spectrum.

My step son is on the autistic spectrum and if you were to meet him, you'd think he was a normal child. But he has certain traits that puts him in the spectrum. The Spectrum for autism is huge and ranges so much from mild to extreme.
|

replied April 14th, 2018
Hi Keng,
I don't think. You should consult with a professional doctor to know more about Aspergers.
Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2018
I also think that u have to consult with any professional dr, he can inform u it rightly.
|
Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...