Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

athlete's foot cream rubbed off on me! Now I'm suffering?

Must Read
Athletes foot grows in in moist, damp places. But what is this common skin infection? And what other conditions might mimic athlete's foot?...
How does athlete's foot spread? Plus, more information on who is at risk of developing athlete's foot and how you can avoid it here....
Can you identify symptoms of the fungal infection called athlete's foot? Learn typical signs of athletes foot and when to seek help for complications here....
User Profile
My husband put athlete's foot cream on his feet and then scratched himself like me do. This is a legit question so don't stop reading. We had sex and now I have a bad itch in my vagina that I cannot get rid of. It is on the outside mostly and I keep irritating it more by scratching. Vagisil Cream is not helping. I don't know what to do to get rid of this problem. I cannot find any info online about it either. I wish that he would have taken precautions so that I would not have to deal with an itch that I will not scratch in public as men do. I am so not happy. We are refraining from having sex till this itching goes away. I have made things sore down there by itching too much as well. Help

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A24289
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms do suggest possibility of vaginal infection. Only after careful examination and vaginal swab/smear test the exact cause can be made out. Avoid scratching too much. Try applying Aloe vera lotion or Caladryl lotion to soothe the itching externally. Get started on appropriate treatment as indicated by examination and investigation results. Get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection. Avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. Drink plenty of water.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.