Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

At first they looked like a skin tag...

A few months ago I noticed two small bumps around my pubic area. At first they looked like a skin tag. Today, a few months later, I noticed they are a bit bigger and now very red. They don't pop or anything. I plan on seeing a doctor about this soon, but wanted to get some advice on what it possible could be. Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the small bumps in pubic area that you describe without examining them. The causes could include ingrown hair, folliculitis, etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the lesions that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.